Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcome to My Food Blog!

I love food! I love to look at it, cook it, read about it, talk about it, and of course eat it. When I was little, many days were spent in my Grandma's kitchen learning how to cook. Grandma rocked! She made all kinds of stuff, and she always let me help, even if it made a mess. She thought it was important that I learn to cook. I remember when I had just newly moved away from home, I called her up so excited because I made my first white sauce from scratch! That was a good day for me!

Unfortunately loving food can be a problem too. Liking it too much isn't a good thing. The purpose of this blog is balance. Loving food with out it being in control. I am committing myself (no, not like that! Although.....) to find balance and be healthy. I want to be a good example for my kiddos. I want my love of food to be a positive thing, and not something that takes over. I will be writing about food, posting recipes, mishaps, and just having fun. This is NOT a weight loss blog. There will be recipes that are anything but healthy, because I am a big believer in everything in moderation. If you want a cookie, have a cookie, but just have one. Not ten...

My goal also is to NOT. EAT. OUT. Not often anyway. It is far too easy to just run and grab something, especially when The Girl has kept me up lots at night and I am tired. I will find quick, healthy options at home versus running out. Money and calories will be saved! I hope this blog inspires non-cookers to become cookers! So let's get started! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment